Monday, April 23, 2007

El-istration

I took some time on Saturday and rode around on my bike a bit...took lots of photos, then brought them back to my apartment. Pulled them into Photoshop, comped 4 photos together into one, then yanked the whole thing into Illustrator and did some outlining work.

Here is the result...

Chicago: Wells and Lake, Loop

Click Image For Larger Size

I think I will do some more of these...takes considerably longer than the Nazkar images that I also intend to continue, but the process was pretty fun, even with some technical glitches where Illustrator choked on the image...The Illustrator source file resolution comes in at 7020X2620, about 97 inches long and 36 inches tall. It would be cool to print this thing out at half that size.

3 Comments:

Blogger arem said...

I'm loving the negative space...Are you thinking of adding any darks to the track structure?

August 29, 2007 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger sandra said...

did you trace this or... what. Your illustration works are real good!

November 21, 2008 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Cole said...

!MOAR!

February 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home