Thursday, November 25, 2010

Making Changes

This past August I decided to make a significant career change. Raven Software is undergoing some changes which the management of the studio feels are exciting and a good direction for the future of Raven. I wish them only the best of luck.

Ultimately I felt this new direction for Raven did not quite align with my own career goals and after much deliberation I decided it was time to move on from Raven. The reasons are numerous and mostly covered by NDA so I cannot disclose specifics.

I am however incredibly happy that my wife and I will be packing up our lives again and moving to the Raleigh, NC area so I can begin work for Epic Games.

I am incredibly excited about this opportunity and completely intimidated and nervous. I have met the entire VFX team and was impressed by each and every one of them. Looking forward there are many opportunities to learn from every person on the team and I welcome the chance to see new methodologies. Most of all I am excited to be a part of a team of artists pushing the boundaries of the technology, and it appears Epic fosters a creative environment where artists share techniques and play off of the strengths of each other.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marty Murphy said...

Congrats on the new position. I hope you and your family will be happy in the new location!

November 25, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home