Sunday, July 24, 2011

Gears of War 3: Crescendo


This is by far my favorite GOW3 video to date.


You can really see how we make use of the non-directional lighting in GOW3 with many of our effects. So much to look at, and the whole game is dripping with effects work in general. I am very proud of this work and the team I am now a part of.

Epic has been amazing so far.

Speaking of the non-directional lighting, I intend to take some time and do a quick blog entry on this. I realized quickly once I started writing about effects optimization that the topic was too big for a single blog entry, and honestly UDN is the best place for me to be sharing that info, especially for the benefit of our licensees.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andreas said...

Your stuff is an inspiration. The cool stuff you post makes me want to get done with the crunch at work so I can get back to fiddling with UDK again. Keep filling that FX Artist area up so I have plenty of new toys when I do get the time! :)

August 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Tim 2 said...

Excellent, good to know people read this stuff. There have been quite a few updates to the particle systems for Gears 3, you can get all of them in the UDK. Once Gears ships I intend to do another update with some more fun stuff.

August 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Fred Hooper said...

Hey Tims, This stuff look great. Thanks for getting it all out there. I'm getting filled with Inspirato!

September 1, 2011 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Andreas said...

Release is getting close! I'm expecting a juicy post ;D

September 15, 2011 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Robert Brown said...

very cool tim.

March 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home